Monday, October 15, 2012

A Nightmare of a Rant

Ok y'all, this is my first rant hope you guys enjoy!

With Halloween coming up in a couple of weeks, I want to do my first review/rant over some of the worst and most overrated movies. Today, I want to review one of my favorite horror films of all time, A Nightmare on Elm Street. Many of you might be wondering, if you are going to review bad horror films then why are you reviewing your favorite? Well, I am going to be talking about the crappy sequels and give my thoughts on the reboot that came out about a couple years ago. To kick things off, for many of you people who might not have a clue what this movie is… A Nightmare on Elm Street is about a child murderer/molester named Freddy Krueger who was killed in a fire by a bunch of pissed off parents. Freddy then comes back from the dead to seek revenge on the children who snitched on him. And to top it all off he kills you in your sleep; enough said about the plot, now
onto the review…

 

 

The first two movies were written and directed by Wes Craven and starred Robert Englund as Freddy Krueger. One of my favorite scenes from this movie (not to mention one of the most memorable scenes in film history) is when Johnny Depp gets sucked into his own bed and his blood is spewed all over the ceiling. Home makeover anybody?



The first film was great! The second one is...eh...ok. After the second movie the rest of series went down the crapper when Wes Craven handed his series over crappy film writers who tried to give more of a comedic tone, the sequels had terrible acting from both the supporting cast and from Robert Englund himself who once took this role very seriously. Honestly, Englund is Freddy Krueger, but I think I would’ve dropped out of the role once I knew that the character I originated changed. The sequels also featured over the top gore scenes that were almost the equivalent of the Saw and Hostel series. One example from Part 3 when one character got his Achilles tendons strung-up like a puppet. 20 years later after the release of Wes Craven’s New Nightmare ( a movie about what if Freddy existed outside the movie world). New Line Cinema and Warner Bros got together to work on a reboot of the franchise after the “success” of Friday the 13th reboot (God I hate that movie…). The reboot however, I liked. The reboot featured Jackie Earle Haley (Who played Rorschach in Watchmen) playing as Freddy Krueger. The reason why I liked this film is because the original film didn’t fully explain Freddy’s back story. This one went into detail about who he really was and went into more back ground of the kids who were victims of Krueger. So to wrap everything up here, The original film was AWESOME and the sequel was good. If you guys have any questions leave me some in the comment section or at mediafiendrants@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment